Doorway to Dayton – Wright Library Museum Pass Program
The Wright Memorial Public Library has introduced “Doorway to Dayton”, a museum pass program. Thanks to the Friends of Wright Library and local museum partners, family passes to various museums and historical attractions have been made available for loan from Wright Library. The participating museums and cultural centers which have generously donated free admission are Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm, The Dayton Art Institute, Dayton History and Learning Tree Farm. Dayton History includes Carillon Historical Park, Patterson Homestead and the Paul Laurence Dunbar House.
How does it work?
- Passes are available to any Wright Library cardholder in good standing.
- The loan period is three days. Return the pass to the Circulation Desk or book drop. Overdue fines are $1/day. The fee for a lost pass ranges from $40-$70 (the cost of the membership).
- The Pass covers admission to the museum, but not to special events/exhibits.
- To find out if a pass is available for checkout, please call 294-7171 or visit Wright Library’s online catalog and search for “museum pass”.
- You may place a hold on a pass, but it is not possible to reserve it for a specific date. The library will notify you when the pass is available.
- You may borrow only one pass per household at any one time.
Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm
1000 Aullwood Road
Monday – Saturday 9 AM – 5 PM; Sunday 1 PM – 5 PM
Closed most major holidays
Aullwood is a 20-minute drive from downtown Dayton and a 5-minute drive from the Dayton International Airport. The property includes a nature center, working farm, and six miles of hiking trails that take hikers through a host of habitats including a forest, prairie, marsh and pond. Aullwood has an annual visitation of 80,000 and is considered the premier Audubon Center in the United States.
Dayton Art Institute
4546 Belmonte Park North
Wednesday-Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM; Sunday Noon - 5 PM
Thursday, extended hours to 8 PM; Closed major holidays
Carillon Park: 1000 Carillon Blvd.
Hours: Monday – Saturday 9:30 AM - 5 PM; Sunday Noon - 5 PM
Tours available Thursday - Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM
Paul Laurence Dunbar House: 219 Paul Laurence Dunbar Street
Tours available Friday - Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM
3376 S. Union Road
Weekdays: 2 PM - dark ~ Weekends: during daylight hours
Enjoy the outdoors, visit the animals, roam the farm gardens,
explore the barns, hike the trails and feel free to bring a picnic.
Please close the gates and barn doors after yourself.
Don't forget to take your trash home with you!