Do the issues that divide us seem impossible to address? Are the challenges confronting us and our communities overwhelming? Let's Talk.
About the series
Join Wright Library for Let's Talk, an event series based on the American Library Association's Libraries Transforming Communities campaign that promotes in-depth conversation, intentional community, respect, active listening, and problem-solving among neighbors.
Contact us to be added to an email list for upcoming Let's Talk events.
Saturday October 7, 2023 - Register>>
This is an all-day in-person workshop sponsored by the Oakwood Inclusion Coalition and presented by Braver Angels, a citizens' organization uniting red and blue Americans in a working alliance to depolarize America. This intensive workshop brings together, equal numbers of Red (conservative or Republican-leaning) and Blue (liberal or Democrat-leaning) participants for moderated activities and structured discussions that reduce stereotyped thinking, clarify disagreements, build relationships, and find common ground.
Thursday November 16, 2023
As part of Transgender Awareness Week, join Wright Library to discuss Jennifer Finney Boylan’s memoir She’s Not There: A Life in Two Genders.
- Curious Conversations with Braver Angels, March 18, 2023
- Mapping Equity in Dayton, Traveling Exhibit and Programs, Sept 1-29, 2022
- Racism, Riots, and Murders: Dayton in the 1960s & 70s, November 10, 2021
- Nature's Best Hope: A Wright Library Community Read April 1-30, 2021
- Anti-Racism 101 Webinar Series - Fall 2020 & Winter 2021
- 2020 Election - Concerns and Aspirations, Wednesday October 21, 2020
- Virtual Antiracism Conversation- Slavery and its Consequences, Wednesday, August 5, 2020
- Virtual Antiracism Conversation - Understanding Whiteness; with SURJ-OH Wednesday, July 15, 2020
- Virtual Antiracism Conversation - Spotlight on the Moment; with SURJ-OH Tuesday June 23, 2020
- Barriers to Voting, with Dianne Herman of the League of Women Voters - Thursday, June 4, 2020
- Anti-racism Book Discussion, How To Be An AntiRacist by Ibram X. Kendi- Sunday May 3, 2020
- Earth Day, film discussion - Wednesday April 22, 2020
- Racial Wealth Gap Simulation with Hall Hunger Initiative Saturday February 22, 2020
- 2nd Amendment - Saturday November 2, 2019
- Mass Shootings - Saturday October 19, 2019
- Sworn Again America Ceremony - Saturday June 15, 2019
- American Creed Conversation at Wright Library - Saturday May 11, 2019
- Film Screening & Conversation: American Creed - Saturday, March 30, 2019
- Anti-racism Book Discussion: So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo- Saturday, March 9, 2019
- Islamophobia and Racism Town Hall - Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Families and the Political Divide - Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Let's Talk: Our Voting System - Sunday, November 4, 2018
- White Privilege - Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Technology in Our Lives - Saturday, September 8, 2018
- America We Want to Be - Monday, July 16 & Wednesday, July 18, 2018