Other card types
This page has information about applying for a standard library card. Visit these links to learn about special card types:
- eCard - offers access only to online resources and digital content.
- Teacher Card - special card for professional use by educators & homeschoolers.
for standard library card applicants (to borrow physical items or digital content)
- You must be an Ohio resident, or meet these other eligibility requirements
- Adults 18+ must present photo ID with proof of address.
- If your photo ID has an outdated address, bring separate proof of address.
- See our list of Valid Forms of ID and Address Verification.
- Children under 18 must:
- visit the library accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with valid ID/proof of address
- or, download and complete the application for minors and send it to us with copy of valid ID/proof of address.
- Visit the Library checkout desk to receive your card immediately - OR - apply online to have your card mailed to you.
- If you register online, please bring valid photo ID with you the first time you check out materials using your new card.
Note: To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Wright Library does not collect information from minors under the age of 13 through our website. If you would like your child to have a Wright Library card, please download and complete this form and return it by email, fax, or mail, along with a copy of the parent/guardian’s photo ID.
Borrowing Limits - New Patrons
New patrons have provisional borrowing privileges for 60 days. This allows you to borrow:
- maximum of 20 items total
- up to 5 of these can be AV items (DVD, Blu-ray, or console games)
- any item in the collection except Makerboxes, Mobile Hotspots, and Tablets/eReaders
Borrowing Limits - Patrons
After 60 days, if your account is in good standing, you will be able to borrow:
- maximum of 150 items
- up to 25 may be AV items (DVD, Blu-ray), 5 of which may be console games
- any item in the collection including Makerboxes, Mobile Hotspots, and Tablets/eReaders (Note: Signed waiver is required for Makerboxes and electronic devices. A parent must sign waiver for patrons under 18.)
The Library supports educators by offering a special card for their professional use. Home educators and school teachers alike are eligible to apply for teacher cards, which allow holders longer loan periods and some fine forgiveness.
Teacher Card Policy and Application
Visit our Patron & Borrowing Policies Page.